Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Amanda's 4th Birthday Party


Amanda turned 4 years old on Feb. 10, 2009!


We had her princess themed birthday on Feb. 7.


Her grandmother made a beautiful princess cake.


All of the girls had fun making princess crowns and purses. The crafts were a big hit!




I made little princess wands by gluing wooden crown cut-outs to dowel rods. I spray painted them pink and added pearl stands and ribbon. I also added sparkles and a special sparkle-glitter glue to the wands.


Megan is showing us her purse.


Angela loved her purse and crown. She wore her crown to school the next Monday morning!


Kaylan had fun gluing the sparkles on her crown.


Brielle was dressed as tinkerbell. She loved her crown.


Three little princesses—so cute!


Amanda loved the balloons and decorations!


I started buying favor items on sale last November. The little princess buckets are actually Halloween candy pails that I got for 75% off after Halloween at Walmart. I also found princess tattoos, wallets, bubble bath, sponges, and bath books on sale at Target and Walmart.


We served little finger foods for the princesses.


The adults liked the food too!


Here are all but one of the princesses. I could not get Charlene to be in the photo.


Grabbing for candy after it came out of the princess piñata.


The piñata was original an island barbie themed piñata that I got on clearance at Party City for $5.00. I covered up Island Barbie with the Disney Princesses and saved $15.00. This was a party with a budget after all!


Amanda blowing out the candles with a little help from her friends.


The cake was yummy!


Everyone had a good time!


Amanda and grandma took the princess oven and mixer out of the box after everyone left. Amanda loved it! We also opened up the presents from both sets of grandparents that night.

13 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! I love your princess cake and dress! It looks like you had a great time celebrating and making your crafts. Can you send me a piece of that delicious looking cake?? :)

Natasha, What an amazing party you put on!!! I am totally impressed with all the great deals and the decorations! When it's time for Caroline's party, you'll have to give me some tips!!

Wahokia said...

Happy birthday, Amanda!

Kari said...

Awesome party! My daughter would have fit right in. I love those buckets you had for the "treat-bags". My daughter has one and is fascinated that it opens in half. You guys did a GREAT job!

Jackie said...

Oh my word, I just love what you've done with this theme! My little girl has requested a princess theme for her 4th birthday in December, so I'm definitely getting some ideas from you. That cake is amazing.

A Refocused Life said...

What a wonderful party. The cake was so cute.

Angela said...

What a cute party! Loved the favors...Thanks for the great ideas!

Family American Style. said...

Oh! That is the cutest thing. I love all the decorations. That is a spectacular cake. You really did a great job. I bet she will always remember that B-day.

noahandlylasmommi said...

Very cute. That cake was awesome!

Courtney said...

Cute party. I love the birthday banner!

Mommy said...

What a super cute princess party! I know I will end up throwing one eventually for one of my girls! The birthday banner is so beautiful!

Michie said...

My daughter turned four on February 3, 2009. We were having princess parties around the same time. :) I had to stop by to see your ideas. I love how you "made" a princess pinata. Brilliant idea.

Shoshanah said...

I love that cake! Especially the picture on the top. And the princesses on each tower. Just everything about it really

Annie said...

It was a beautiful princess party. I like the cake.

Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.